Welcome!

My name is Will Duchon. I live in Stratford, CT.


In 2003 I encountered Mr. Shane Watson, who is currently serving a 25 year to life sentence for second-degree murder. After careful review of the case transcripts, police reports, trial transcripts and other documentation, it became clear to me that Shane is not guilty of this crime. His case is an example of flawed "eyewitness" testimony, an incredibly flimsy prosecution, and essentially a travesty of justice. Shane is 50 years old, and has been in prison since 1993.

I followed up my suspicions about the case with Dr. Jennifer Dysart, currently a professor at John Jay College of Criminal Justice in NYC. Her SUMMARY confirmed my suspicions.



Along with some dedicated friends from Pleasantville Presbyterian Church in Pleasantville, NY, Monroe Congregational Church in Monroe, CT, the fine attorney Robert Boyle of New York City, and our dedicated investigator Doug Walters of Chicago, I am seeking to have Shane's conviction overturned so that ultimately, he will be free to enjoy his life.



This blog is simply a way to share Shane's story as well as new and current information regarding his case. I encourage you to read the posts that describe the details of his case. It is also an opportunity to learn about how flawed the criminal justice system is.

For details of the Shane Watson case, please read the SUMMARY by our investigator, Doug Walters.






Thank you for visiting.

Shane Watson's mailing address:


Mr. Shane Watson

93A 9384

PO Box 8

Otisville, NY 10963



































































Saturday, May 20, 2017

8,603 Days


Today, May 20, 2017, is day number 8,603 for Shane. 8,603 days in prison for a crime he did not commit. To suggest one perspective, since the day Shane was convicted (October 31, 1993) four presidents have occupied The White House. 

In his letter to me dated May 16, Shane described a typical day at Otisville, the medium-security "facility" where Shane currently "resides". 

"Those cell days (at the maximum-security prisons) are far behind me. I'm in a medium-security prison where they try to weed the guys down to some normalcy. We are not in cells, we are in dorms with cubes, 50 men to a dorm. No more real privacy, but no more bars. We get to use a refrigerator and freezer, stoves and an oven and we have more movement. My so-called job is really a program at the commissary, Monday-Thursday, 8AM-2 PM. The pay is $7.25 per week. 

We can use the library or law library a couple of days each week. (To do this) you have to be placed on a call-out, so you have to sign up in advance. 

We have services Monday night, which is Prayer Night. Bible Study on Wednesdays and Thursday nights. Friday night is for movies, and Saturday night is for (church) services in Spanish. We also have (church) services on Sunday mornings as well as the first two Sunday nights each month. I attend the Monday, and Sunday services and the movies on Friday nights. I'm usually worn out after the work at the commissary, for real.

I have to walk a mile coming and going to the Mess Hall if I want to eat (unbelievable). I only go if they have something I can eat, which isn't always.

I try to avoid any confrontation and stay positive and do my pull-ups and wash up in the morning when the crowd isn't there (smile). In this environment when one guy gets a cold or bug it passes around fast if you're not careful. As you know, I am covered in the blood (hallelujah).  
I wait, always looking forward to that call (to be released from prison), which isn't easy, but praise God for that blessed assurance! Amen!

I expect to hear that good news any day. The waiting is hard.

Your brother & friend,
Shane






No comments:

Post a Comment