At this writing, here is what is happening:
- we are preparing to go to Federal Court to seek a new trial. Also, according to a recent ruling, it may be possible to appeal once again to the State court.
- we have been in contact with Tanzina Vega, a NY Times reporter who specializes in the Bronx court system. Ms. Vega has spoken with Doug Walters, our investigator.
- Cameron Fegers, a student at Columbia University in NYC has taken a strong interest in the case. Cameron is organizing a demonstration at Columbia on Shane's behalf.
What Can I Do?
- contact the journalism department of a college or university to see if students might take interest in reporting on Shane's case: the case represents an individual injustice as well as a systemic injustice.
- share Shane's story and this blog with friends/colleagues
- write to Shane: