Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas, Shane

"The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it." John1:5


Today is Christmas, 2013. It is the twentieth Christmas in prison for Shane, but thankfully this Christmas holds much more hope than any since 1993. The motion hearing has concluded and now we wait for Judge Price's decision regarding a new trial.

Shane is currently incarcerated at Fishkill Correctional Facility in Beacon, NY. I share with you some of Shane's letter to me dated December 16:

"I believe Judge Price has 90 days to give his decision, but judge's usually don't take that long. It won't be long now, as the hard part is over. Amen! Getting to this point was some ride, and took forever."

"Doug (Doug Walters, our investigator) and I have a basketball game to attend in February (smile). His Celtics vs.my Spurs."

"I wish our hearing could have been on Court TV. Amen!"

"Give everyone my love and let them know that I appreciate all the support. 'Each one must do just as he has purposed in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver' Amen! 2 Corinthians 9:7

your brother and friend,
Shane

P.S. I got access to the gym here as well at least six times a week. Not like Green Haven where one can't get to the gym without knowing someone or paying (unbelievable).

Merry Christmas to all-

Shane's mailing address:
 
Shane Watson
93A9384
c/o Fishkill Correctional Facility
Box 1245
Beacon, NY 12508
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Phone Call from Upstate Correctional Facility

My phone rang at 5:51 PM. The caller ID read "Garden City, NY".  It was Amy, Robert Moore's girlfriend, who asked if I'...