Thursday, October 10, 2013

Words from Shane

Some excerpts from a letter I received from Shane Watson yesterday:

"I was so glad (about the testimony at the hearings)..not only for myself, but for everyone else as well: you, Doug (Doug Walters, our investigator), Paula (Shane's wife) and the kids, supporters, family, etc. It shows how people can make a difference. Amen!"

"I am not in the same block (cell block at Green Haven) I was in when I left for the hearings. I am in the other side of the facility, the dark side. But praise God, it won't be for long."

"I had to get rid of a lot of mail (upon his return to Green Haven from Rikers Island, where he was held during the hearings)"

"While I was at Rikers Island I was able to call L'il Shane, Shana, and  Brandon almost every day to say good morning, good night, and that I loved them which was something special that I was deprived of doing for 20 years."

"Try to encourage the supporters to come to the closing arguments on October 23. Amen!"

Oral arguments will be heard in Judge Price's courtroom on Wednesday, October 23 @ 9 AM.

As always, we are in urgent need of funds: our legal expenses have now reached $12,000.







No comments:

Post a Comment

A Phone Call from Upstate Correctional Facility

My phone rang at 5:51 PM. The caller ID read "Garden City, NY".  It was Amy, Robert Moore's girlfriend, who asked if I'...