Welcome!

My name is Will Duchon. I live in Stratford, CT. This is the story of The Opus 30 Mission.


MR. SHANE WATSON

In 2003 I encountered Mr. Shane Watson, who is currently serving a 25 year to life sentence for second-degree murder. After careful review of the case transcripts, police reports, trial transcripts and other documentation, it became clear to me that Shane is not guilty of this crime. His case is an example of flawed "eyewitness" testimony, an incredibly flimsy prosecution, and essentially a travesty of justice. Shane is 50 years old, and has been in prison since 1993.

I followed up my suspicions about the case with Dr. Jennifer Dysart, currently a professor at John Jay College of Criminal Justice in NYC. Her SUMMARY confirmed my suspicions.


Along with some dedicated friends from Pleasantville Presbyterian Church in Pleasantville, NY, Monroe Congregational Church in Monroe, CT, the fine attorney Robert Boyle of New York City, and our dedicated investigator Doug Walters of Chicago, I am seeking to have Shane's conviction overturned so that ultimately, he will be free to enjoy his life.

For details of the Shane Watson case, please read the SUMMARY by our investigator, Doug Walters.


MR. ROBERT K. MOORE

In April of 2016 I learned of the case of Mr. Robert K. Moore. I was invited to speak to a men's group about Shane Watson's case at Westchester Jewish Community Services in Yonkers, NY. The group is led by Mr. Mark Levine, LCSW. A week or so following the meeting, Mr. Levine emailed me about Mr. Robert Moore, who is currently incarcerated at Upstate Correctional Facility in Malone, NY.







This blog is simply a way to share Shane's and Robert's story as well as new and current information regarding their cases. I encourage you to read the posts that describe the details of his case. It is also an opportunity to learn about how flawed the criminal justice system is.



Thank you for visiting.

Shane Watson's mailing address:


Mr. Shane Watson

DIN: 93A 9384

PO Box 8

Otisville, NY 10963


Mr. Robert Moore's mailing address:


Mr. Robert K. Moore

DIN: 15-A-0195

c/o Upstate Correctional Facility

PO Box 2001

Malone, NY 12953







































































Monday, August 13, 2012

WORDS FROM SHANE

 I received a letter from Shane, dated August 8, 2012. Shane wrote this to me after receiving my latest letter to him in which I informed him that the motion to vacate his conviction had been filed on July 30. I also sent Shane a copy of our investigator Doug Walters' summary.

 Here are some excerpts from Shane's letter of August 8, 2012:

"Yes indeed! Hallelujah! The step we have been waiting for. It would not be possible without you all; everybody played a part (in this). Amen! It tells how it takes a 'team' to acheive getting a wrongful conviction overturned and 'heart' with the 'whatever it takes' attitude, as Doug always said.

 "I did know that I had a (FACEBOOK) page, but not that many followers! I have been blessed with coming to know so many others through you.. It won't be long now."

 your brother and friend,
Shane
 
As of today, our goal is $7500 to cover the remaining balance of Shane's legal fees. Contributions may be made easily on this blog using PayPal.

If you feel inclined to write Shane a letter, the mailing address is:

Mr. Shane Watson
DIN 93A9384
Green Haven Correctional Institution
PO Box 4000
Stormville, NY 12582

No comments:

Post a Comment